Monday, June 23, 2008

Roosevelt - New Shorts New Score





Casey and I rolled up the canyon to play Roosevelt on a very fine and not too hot Monday afternoon. The course was practically wide open, there were a few slow groups but nothing to complain about. You will never hear me complaining when I'm out there. Golf is truly my addiction. I love it! Casey has also caught golf fever this summer. He showed up today with brand spankin new Nike Slingshot Irons. The sound amazing and he was striking them pretty well. Casey also baught a Callaway Big Bertha and drove 320 yds uphill on 4. The sickest shot of the day by far. I wore my new black Tiger Woods shorts, and straighten out my Sasquatch. Could it be the shorts? New look = new score, I shot the best I've ever shot at Rosy, a 5 over 38. I was very excited about that. I had 6 pars - finally. Casey had a breif meltdown on 8, par'd 9 to end at 44. Same score as 5 days ago, but he will lowering that quickly. Maybe if I wait another 5 to play there, I will par the course. 5 could be the magic #. Magic Monday. I had a great shot out of the bunker on 6 and was able to save par. My best shot of the day. I also drove 240 on hole 4 right in the middle of the fairway, but botched my approach and had to drop. That double on 4 shouldve been a birdie or par. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. Bill was the starter today, and Dennis was the Marshall. I normally see those guys down at Los Feliz, it was nice to shoot the breeze with some familiar faces









Hole 1 at Roosevelt. The fire damage is still present on the hill on top. The fire came so close.









Casey from the tee on 3









Casper on the tee at 3 - with some antics




Casey for birdie on 9

Casper for birdie on 9

No comments: