Friday, June 20, 2008

Hansen Dam - Sun Valley - June 20th 2008








Sweatin like a dog. My face was so flushed, and I definitly drank a gallon of water


Summer Solstice may have just started 1 hour ago, but it has been disgustingly hot and miserable for the past 4 days. This morning I got up at 7am to take on Hansen Dam GC. I played with my friend Ryan, and 2 of his Yankees buddies. I was really stoked to get out and play 18 Friday, since I wont be able to get out this weekend. I may sneak in a Los Feliz round tomorrow. Hansen Dam is 1 of 2 LA public courses that I have not played, and I had never played with Ryan before. The course is located in Pacoima, but right on the edge of Sun Valley, just north of Burbank. In other words, its in the valley. The valley is hot and annoying, ugggh. I'm pretty sure that Hansen Dam is actually the gates of hell. It was blazing by 9am, at least 105 degrees out. There's hardly any shade, but I think that is what made it so fun. You literally lose your mind as the course and atmosphere absorbs your blood, sweat and tears. The course is a lot like Woodley Lakes, except a little more hilly. The fairways were wide open, I can definitly shoot low 80's there. The front 9 really got away from me. I couldnt get off the tee but did make a few chips and putts that were crucial to my runner up spot. I really shouldve got Ryan teeing off. Homeboy drives 300 yards on avg. He crushed it all day. I got the Sasquatch going on the back and was able to tie him for the round. The 9 strokes on the front were the thorn in my side. I would definitly play Hansen again, but not til the heat is gone. It was like playing on Mars. The valleys oven. Dude, it was too hot. I had a great time, I can't wait to get back out there. There were a family of Red Tail Hawks that live on the course, they flew around at us like little feathery devils. Did I mention it was hot. I drove thru the sprinklers on multiple occasions and even drenched myself before a layup on 12. Ed and Garret were really cool too, I hope to play with them again. Check out my new friend Tony.












Tony Hawk not having it.











Lob Wedge attack. 20 yds short = Bad Management, but on the green













Ryan Woods - Thru the Woods





PLUGGED


Wet and Wild in Hell

No comments: