Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Franklin D. Roosevelt - Municipal

































What a day. I hit Roosevelt this afternoon with Casey, and our newest member, Shintaro Suzuki. After knowing Shin for a year now, I finally got to play a round with him. We've been talking about it forever. His intense Asian mind tricks, and the ability to move the ball with his thoughts, fell short today. Roosevelt is located in Griffith Park, right across the street from the Greek Theatre, and just under the Observatory. Casey was rippin his 4 iron all day, and I actually had a few drives that I felt really good about. I was pullin my head up big time, and made crucial errors that eventually lead to demise. 8th Hole I had a total meltdown, triple bogey. What else is new though. Roosevelt is by far the best looking course in LA, I love it up there. On occasion I've seen coyotes in the fairways, and even deer. After my triple bogey on 8, we went into the 9th with Casey up 1 stroke (10 over) and Shin and I tied at 11 over. This is how it unfolded. Casey shanked left and was in a bush, but still chipped on. A par would've put the game away but he bogey'd. Shin came up short and had to putt from the fringe. He left himself with a 3ft putt for par. His par putt lipped out and he bogey'd. My shot was insane and went way left but managed to roll down to the front of the green. I chipped on and left myself with 1ft par putt. I made my putt to tie Casey for the round. Shin dropped out of the 3 way tie, which wouldve been pretty awesome. Casey 44, Casper 44, Shin 45. Shin is gonna be great addition to our crew. I better watch my back, I swear I saw a samurai sword in his white leather Ping bag.


















Sweatin it out with the Golf Ninja

























Shin from the Fairway on 4






















Teeing off on 8. Aiming for the Observatory. Pushed it to the right, then got in trouble














Casey takes a swing at 8




Shin tees off at the Observatory

No comments: