Saturday, June 14, 2008

91 and Gettin it done - Brookside GC - Pasadena



The Bag fell off the cart, I had to walk back and get it.
Jason
Farley
Neal throwin Brookside gang signs
After the sand shot
The sand shot


Pointin out the bird
Took this little guy out with one of my wild drives. Sorry buddy *



The pregame golf party started last night up in Laurel Canyon at the Houdini Hills House. It was pretty insane to say the least, I partied like a rockstar, got 4 hours of sleep and then spent the next 6 hours on the sunny links of Brookside GC. Brookside is pretty sweet, par 70, and $64. Being as pricey as it was I was as focused as I could be. I had to have a good round. I played with Neal, Farley and Jason. ( All married ) This time around the single guy prevailed, I won by 7 strokes with a 91. I could've easily shot in the 80's, very coulda - woulda - shoulda type of round. Fresh off the tee I was on in 2 and left my birdie putt a quarter inch from the cup. Great start. My putting has been getting better, I'm missing by so little each time, confidence is rising. They will all start to drop this summer. I had a chip in birdie from 25 yds out on Hole 10! I had great starts on the first of each 9. The chip in was priceless, I got up and down(under) to go under par for the back 9. I couldn't get off the tee to save my life. I finally had 2 great drives on 17 and 18, very clutch, no meltdown for me. Neal was rocking his new SkyCaddie. Its a GPS system that tells you how far you drive and how far it is to the pin. Check out the video. I got home in time to see Tiger drain his eagle putt on 18 at Torrey Pines. The US Open has been really as great as advertised. Tiger is the man. One of the most magical rounds of his life.

Tryin to get off the tee. So sick of the slice

Farley drives

Jason tees off


Never leave home without it

* I didn't really kill the squirrel


This was the soundtrack to my success today

No comments: