Sunday, June 29, 2008

Birthday Brothers - Scholl Canyon June 28th

Joey, Casper, and Dave
Dave breaks his Sand Wedge on the range



Hole 14 - I birdied




Saturday morning started with a 11:30 am wake up call from the family. My brother David and my parents rolled up to LA and David, Dad and I hit the links. We had a 12:44 tee time at Scholl and I was eager to get out and try for the win. As we walked into the pro shop to sign in, we were all surprised by the arrival of our brother Joey. Joey left Louisville, KY (2200 miles away) Thursday and some how made it to the course for our tee time. He called me Friday to say what up, and told me he was at work, when he was actually in Arizona. Totally unexpected it was his little secret. I was stoked to see him, but then realized I would definitly have my work cut out for me. Joey is always the best, but hes played longer and can drive the ball as well as any amatuer on the circuit. Homeboy is sickkkkk. He proved that a 40 hour car drive cant stop him from going off. He shot a 6 over 66, and I tied my Dad at 76 for the round. Scholl was tough as usual but the tees were playing way up, which was kind of a bummer. Dave hung in there but the sun and the lack of playing really got to him. After the golf round we went to the Dodger game, sat in the all you can eat section, and watched the Dodgers beat the Angels 1-0 with a no hits. Great weekend*
* Some idiot knocked my camera out of my hand Friday night. Camera is dead until further notice. Thanks to Joey for having his camera for the round. I will be borrowing. The videos below were shot by either Joey or David. I apologize if they give you a seizure, very shakey hands. (pun intended)

A rare miss for Joey

Dave off the tee, me in the cart following his drive. He crushed it

Pops with a rare shank. Not a happy camper, he would drop and save Bogey

Joey from the tee on 15. This hole caused havok for him, he would double.

My tee shot wasn't taped, but I ripped my hybrid 200 to the front of the green, chipped up and tapped in for birdie. woooo

Mountain climbing with Dave. Highest point on the course. I could almost see my house

No comments: