Monday, June 16, 2008

Range Rover - Scholl Canyon June 16th 2008











My intention today was to get out on the range at Scholl Canyon and straighten out the drive that was plaguing me all weekend. I would say I made about a 75% adjustment. Ill take it, I was still going right but not as bad. The range at Scholl rules cause its natural grass. It's not the mats like the other public ranges around Los Angeles. As I was tee-ing off I overheard a couple of older gentleman discussing Tiger's US Open win. They both wanted Rocco, I think driving ranges across America were packed with the same comments and opinions. You could feel it out there today. Being the addict that I am, I couldn't just walk off the range and neglect the course. I dove right in and got in on the Super Twilight rate $11 for 18 holes, $18 w/ cart. I walked the front 9 for the exercise, but it was 85 degress and super sunny. The back 9 is insane, so I got the cart for the back. I played alone, and it was really peaceful. I was on top of one the highest mountains in Glendale. Amazing views of downtown LA, Silver Lake, surrounding Glendale, and Burbank. It was smoggy, but that never gets me down. On a clear day you can see the Pacific, its such a sight to see. I love Scholl Canyon. I fell apart Phil style on 18, got into the front right bunker, and ended my round with a Quad. It's all good, I think I'm gonna take my brother David there for his b-day in 2 weeks, I wanted to get a better idea of what to strike on a few of these Par 4's. I was so close to shooting in the 60's, I'll take the 76, Par was 60.

My balls needed a little scubbin

Riding the wave to the heavens

Tee shot on 14 to the Island Green. If you miss it falls a mile down the hill

Green in one on 14, birdie chance fell short. Par on the island

PERFECT........BREAK, BREAK then it jumped the cup

No comments: